Grant’s Cask Editions Sherry Cask Finish
- ABV: 40%
- Age: NAS
- Bottling: OB, William Grant & Sons
- Category: Blended scotch whisky
- Cost: £19.87
- Origin: n/a
- Vintage: undeclared
What they say
A blended whisky from William Grant & Sons, finished in Oloroso sherry casks. Lovely balance.
Official tasting notes:
The nose is quite light and fruity. There are notes of nut oils and mixed peels, hints of honey and a little oaken note. The palate is of medium-body and quite well-balanced. There are notes of sherried peels and sultanas, winter fruitcake with spice and developing oak. The finish is nutty and long with dried fruit notes.
What I say
Grant’s blended whisky finished in ex-Sherry casks, retained as part of the 2018 redesign and available in new packaging.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Rich amber gold (11/20), slow, medium tears and fine legs.
- Nose: Peachy and fruity, dried fruits, raisin, fig, leather shoes, salty.
- Taste: Malty cereal barley, sherry leather, red and dried dark fruits, nutty walnut, salted caramel and milk chocolate.
- Finish: Short, toffee’d malt.
Ok, again the cask finish is much improved over The Family Reserve expression but I preferred the Ale cask to this sherry cask expression.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review