Heaven Hill 9 Years Old Straight Corn Whiskey Batch 1
- ABV: 49.5%
- Age: 9 years Old
- Bottling: That Boutique-Y Whisky Company
- Category: American straight corn whiskey
- Cost: £44.95
- Origin: Heaven Hill Distillery
- Vintage: undeclared
What they say
Straight corn whiskey from the phenomenal Heaven Hill distillery, matured for 9 years before falling into the hands of That Boutique-y Whisky Company! This one features a label similar to that of the Boutique-y bottling of Heaven Hill bourbon, with with a particularly a-maize-ing addition (I am so sorry) of lots of corn!
Batch 1 is a release of 1,679 bottles.
Official tasting notes:
- Nose: Buttered corn, maple syrup and milk chocolate form the core. Vanilla ice cream and foam bananas add to the sweetness. A little drying oak spice is there underneath.
- Palate: Prickly black peppercorn rushes through a mix of cooking apples, sponge cake and honeyed fruit. Vanilla pod earthiness and a juicy blackcurrant complete the palate.
- Finish: Crisp red apples and a little dark chocolate bitterness linger.
- Overall: Enjoyable and intriguing in equal measure.
What I say
Another Heaven Hill distillery offering bottled by Boutique-Y whisky. This time distilled as straight Corn whisky and again matured for 9 years.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Bright amber gold (10/20), slow, medium-fine tears and long, medium legs.
- Nose: Sweet, polished, popcorn, floral and spirity, apple juice, tablet & vanilla fudge, american cream soda and vanilla ice cream.
- Taste: Thick and syrupy on the palate, richer than the nose, golden syrup, quite buttery and oily, thins to a spirity sharpness, vanilla custard and a hint of metallic zinc.
- Finish: Long, vaporous, sparkling, brass pennies, sweet tablet and vanilla fudge.
Light in spirit but with a heavy cask influence, still a little corn syrupy, light fruit and sparkling pepper spices becomes a lot creamier and sweeter with a splash of water.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review