Chivas Regal 13 Years Old Extra Oloroso Sherry Casks (40%, OB, 2020)
- ABV: 40%
- Age: 13 Years Old
- Bottling: OB, Oloroso Sherry Casks
- Category: Blended Scotch Whisky
- Cost: £35
- Origin: n/a
- Vintage: Undeclared
What they say
Selectively matured in first-fill Oloroso casks, Chivas Extra 13 Sherry Cask blended Scotch whisky is an extra special whisky. This provides an intense, rich and wonderfully drinkable blend.
Because blended is better, in life and in Scotch.
This Chivas Extra 13 Oloroso Sherry Cask is inspired by the Chivas brothers’ 13 King Street Emporium in Aberdeen, where they imported different spirits, exotic spices, and luxury food items from across the globe. Imparting its own unique combination of characteristics onto the Chivas blend, this finish brings new and contrasting flavour notes to the spirit for the first time.
Discover new flavours with Chivas Extra 13 Oloroso Sherry Cask. Selectively ageing classic Chivas whisky for 13 years in Oloroso sherry casks results in an incomparable taste experience. The end result is marvellously rich, as sherry casks draw out the full-bodied flavours of our whisky.
After being selectively matured in the Oloroso sherry casks , the sweet and rich notes of our Speyside blend are magnified – delivering intense flavours with every sip.
Official tasting notes:
- A rich combination of sweet ripe pears in syrup and vanilla caramel, infused with cinnamon sweets and crisp almonds.
What I say
The new Chivas regal Extra range presents the standard Chivas Regal Blend, normally aged a minimum of 12 years and using a ‘generous measure’ of Speyside malts in its composition, and subjects them to further maturation in specific casks including Oloroso Sherry, Rum, American Rye or Tequila and bottled at 13 Years Old. This example is the Oloroso Sherry influenced example.
This post was sponsored by Chivas by provision of this product.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Dark orang amber gold (12/20), large oily tears, slow, thick legs.
- Nose: Fruity and sweet, apples, pears, soft raisins, hints of soft sun-dried leather, caramel and vanilla.
- Taste: Soft on the palate as any good blend should be, reminds me of fudge or caramel, hints of red berries such as cranberry and raspberry, baked apple pie with cinnamon, toffee sauce and vanilla ice cream, later some soft marzipan.
- Finish: Medium, sweet with a nice drying leathery quality.
A lovely soft, easy-sipping blend with some nice and gentle Oloroso Sherry influences, a good drinker which appeals to my Sherry-leaning palate.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review