Imperial 20 Years Old 1995 The Un-Chillfiltered Collection
- ABV: 46%
- Age: 20 Years Old
- Bottling: Signatory, The Un-Chillfiltered Collection, Hogsheads #50248 & #50249
- Category: Speyside single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £59.74 sold out
- Origin: Imperial distillery
- Vintage: 1995
What they say
Distilled 18th September 1995 at Imperial distillery and matured in a pair of Hogsheads #50248 and #50249 for 20 years before bottling 20th May 2016 reduced to 46% ABV.
What I say
Dram #4 from EWB’s Movember tasting was this Imperial expression presented by Chris and Timna as an expression from one of their favourite closed distilleries. Bottled by Signatory this was a vatting of two Hogsheads distilled in 1995 and bottled 2016 at 20 years old.
- Appearance: Light lemon gold (6/20)
- Nose: Fruity, floral a touch dusty and funky, perhaps a wisp of peat smoke, apple danish pastries
- Taste: Fruity and creamy, peach and apricot yoghurt, vanilla, quite light and subtle, some biscuity cereals, a little solventy spirit and some dusty dunnage warehouse, some antique oak and dark chocolate.
- Finish: Medium, more zesty fruit and floral white flowers, again a wisp of peat smoke.
A fascinating dram, possibly the least favoured by many at the table but also disappeared the fastest! Make of that what you will, this dram was much more funky and dusty then the final dram of the evening…
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review