Clynelish 21 Years Old Batch 7
- ABV: 47.8%
- Age: 21 Years Old
- Bottling: That Boutique-y Whisky Company, Batch 7
- Category: Highland single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £sold out
- Origin: Clynelish distillery
- Vintage: Undeclared
What they say
Behold the 7th batch of Clynelish single malt to be bottled by That Boutique-y Whisky Company – this one was aged for 21 years before the Boutique-y bunch got their hands on it. It features a label that brings up all kinds of questions. Why are those cats able to talk (almost) like humans? How can a cat hold a candle with no opposable thumbs? I can has cheezburger?!
Batch 7 is a release of 1,174 bottles.
Official tasting notes:
- Nose: Strong scents of banana foam sweets, followed up by creamy piña colada. A good whiff of savoury oak sits underneath it all.
- Palate: Not quite as sweet as the nose, with notes of almond, marzipan and a burst of crisp green apple.
- Finish: A short finish, with bitter orange softened by gentle vanilla.
What I say
Door #21 in That Boutique-Y Whisky Company’s 2019 Advent Calendar is this 21 year old Clynelish (Batch #7).
This post was sponsored by That Boutique-Y Whisky Company by provision of their 2019 Advent Calendar.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Full amber gold (10/20), slow, medium-large tears and long, fine legs.
- Nose: Sweet, honey, beeswax, cereal barley, crisp oak wood, peaches and cream, coconut mushroom, foam banana and pineapple chunks/cubes sweeties.
- Taste: Med sweet on the palate, reasonably full bodied, green apple, pineapple chunks in syrup, mirrored by rosy apple and pineapple cube sweets, vanilla, cinnamon, marzipan, battenberg cake, salted and toasted almonds, drying oak wood, some coconut milk and coconut mushrooms, orange zest and pith.
- Finish: Medium, sweet, honey and cinnamon.
A touch spicy and drying, some peppery character mixed with the cinnamon spice and some sweet honey, I feel I’m picking at hairs here but for its age this seemed a little un-diverse or plain.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review