Glenburgie 29 Years Old 1989 Berry’s own (46%, Berry Bros & Rudd, Refill Sherry Butt #14087, 2018)
- ABV: 46%
- Age: 29 Years Old
- Bottling: Berry Bros & Rudd, Berry’s own, Sherry Butt, #14087
- Category: Speyside single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £250 available from The Whisky Exchange
- Origin: Glenburgie distillery
- Vintage: 1989
What they say
Glenburgie 29 Year Old 1989 vintage Speyside single malt Scotch whisky. Single cask refill sherry butt #14087 bottled 2018 by Berry Bros & Rudd.
Official tasting notes:
- The nose gives a grassy, sweet fragrance with honey strands, walnut and a chocolatey edge.
- The palate has a wonderful balance of wood and distillate, swelling to deliver ripe tropical fruit.
- Long, lingering and delightful to the last.
What I say
Dram #1 from EWB’s Movember tasting was this Glenburgie expression presented by Jonny Macmillan of Berry Bros & Rudd. A single cask expression matured for 29 years in a refill sherry butt #14087 and presenetd at 46% ABV as part of the Berry’s Own collection.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Dark amber gold (11/20)
- Nose: Sweet and floral, honey, golden syrup, orchard flowers and some fruits, linseed oil, putty and nutty almonds/marzipan
- Taste: Medium-full bodied, sweet with plenty of fruits, apple, pear, some pineapple and hints of mango, woody sugars mix with honey, darker raisin and prunes, hints of dark chocolate.
- Finish: Long, sweet and fruity, touch of chalk, Edinburgh rock
A great starter dram, leads with sweet fruit and honey but deepens into oak wood and chocolate with a tropical edge gifted by age.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review