Bruichladdich 11 Years Old 2004 Straight From The Cask (60.4%, Jeffrey Street, Sherry Cask #1480, 283 Bottles, 2016)
- ABV: 60.4 %
- Age: 11 Years Old
- Bottling: Jeffrey Street, Sherry Cask #1480
- Category: Islay single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £sold out
- Origin: Bruichladdich distillery
- Vintage: 2004
What they say
Distilled December 2004 at Bruichladdich distillery and matured for 11 years in ex-Sherry Hogshead #1480 before bottling July 2016. Produced 280 bottles at 60.4% ABV.
What I say
An independently bottled Bruichladdich (private cask) that was available from / exclusive to Jefferey Street Whisky & Cigars shop in Edinburgh.
Thanks to Daniel at Jeffrey Street Whisky for the sample.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Dark bronze (13/20), medium-fine tears, fine legs.
- Nose: Sweet, zesty & spicy, ginger, orange zest and oil, dried fruits; figs, raisins, reduced with water: toffee, toasted wholemeal bread and leather.
- Taste: Hot and spirity, spiced ginger, raisin and dried fruit, molasses, bubblegum, reduced with water: smooother, toffee, oat bran, toasted oatmeal bread, malty, a touch of liqourice.
- Finish: Medium, treacle, caramelised sugars, slightly spiced cayenne pepper, ginger.
Sweet and straightforward, a little challenging at cask strength but much softer and more approachable with water, plenty of lovely caramelised sugars in this one.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Categories: Bruichladdich, Islay
Leave a Reply