Glentauchers 10 Years Old 2009 The GreatDrams Single Cask Series
- ABV: 46.2%
- Age: 10 Years Old
- Bottling: Great Drams, Single Cask Series
- Category: Speyside single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £30-£65 available from GreatDrams.com
- Origin: Glentauchers Distillery
- Vintage: 2009
What they say
This Single Cask Single Malt Scotch Whisky was distilled at the Glentauchers Distillery in Speyside. We loved the vanilla oakiness on the nose, and the sweetness that gives off memories of penny sweets come through too with a juicy green apple note and a smooth, fruity and creamy palate with a slightly spicy finish.
Age: 10 Years Old
Distilled: 24th June 2009
Bottled: September 2019
Cask type: Ex-Bourbon Barrel
Volume: 50cl / 500ml
Limited: 203 bottles globally
Glentauchers, founded in 1897 and not open to the public, is a rarely talked about distillery in the Speyside region of Scotland. The distillery was closed between 1985 and 1992 as it became a victim of the whisky slump, but is now producing whisky year-round.
What I say
The 4th bottling in The GreatDrams Single Cask Series comes from Glentauchers distillery in Speyside. Distilled in 2009 and matured for 10 years in an ex-bourbon barrel this was bottled at 46.2% ABV.
Thanks to Greg at GreatDrams.com for providing a sample of this product.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: White wine gold (4/20), medium tears and legs.
- Nose: Sugary and dusty, cinnamon and icing sugar, stewed fruits, apple, pear, some strawberries, white chocolate, Galia melon and vanilla.
- Taste: Medium-bodied, crisp green Granny Smith apples and apple pie filling, tart Bramley cooking apple, vanilla custard, cinnamon, dark brown sugar.
- Finish: Long, sugary with cereal barley, like golden syrup flapjacks.
Another very drinkable expression from this Single Cask Series, sweet and full of cereal and fruit flavours, very accomplished for its 10 years in ex-bourbon oak.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review