Linkwood 26 Years Old 1989 Single Cask
- ABV: 50.2%
- Age: 26 Years Old
- Bottling: WM Cadenhead
- Category: Speyside single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £sold out
- Origin: Linkwood Distillery
- Vintage: 1989
What they say
26 year old 1989 vintage ex-Sherry cask matured Linkwood bottled by WM Cadenhead in 2015!
Official tasting notes:
- Nose: Rich sherry is immediately obvious. Raisins, figs and soft meaty notes. Then it becomes more orangey with faint cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Palate: Lots of red fruits and much creamier than the nose suggests. Red apple skins with cranberry sauce and a hint of cocoa powder.
- Finish: Delicate finish of strawberries; walnuts; toffee and dry sherry.
What I say
An Independently bottled Linkwood, distilled at Linkwood distillery in 1989 and matured for a full 26 years in a Sherry Butt before bottling in 2015 as part of WM Cadenhead’s single cask range. Produced 324 bottles at 50.2% ABV
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Dark copper bronze (12/20) slow and rare medium tears leave medium legs.
- Nose: Fruit and floral rose, strawberry and rose jam, berries, dry barley flour, nutty, apricot, peach, fig, date, plum compote, caramel and a little menthol.
- Taste: Rich, oily and buttery – almost waxy, nutty, sherried dried fruits, bramble jam, vanilla cream, honey, orange and other citrus peels, sappy wood.
- Finish: Long, toffee nut brittle, strawberry jam and raisins.
A simply superb sherried linkwood of excellent quality. A great balance between the softer and more floral spirit notes and the presumably refill sherry cask.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review