Macduff 10 Years Old Batch 8 (50.2%, That Boutique-Y Whisky Company, 1160 Bottles, 2019)
- ABV: 50.2%
- Age: 10 Years Old
- Bottling: That Boutique-Y Whisky Company
- Category: Highland single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £59.95
- Origin: Macduff Distillery
- Vintage: undeclared
What they say
An independent bottling of 10 year old single malt Scotch whisky from the Macduff distillery, bottled by That Boutique-y Whisky Company! There’s Macduff on the label – the character from that play that you’re not allowed to say the name of so instead you tell people to break their legs. We think we’ve got that right. Anyway, he’s on the label and he’s enjoying a Duff Beer and Macduff boilermaker before heading off to do… Something.
Batch 8 is a release of 1,160 bottles.
Official tasting notes:
Nose: Immediate caramel sweetness and melted milk chocolate fade into gentle mineral notes, pencil sharpenings, sultanas and distinct maritime aromas of sea water.
Palate: Fruity notes of fresh apples alongside dried raisins, apricot and sultanas, with a dash more chocolate.
Finish: Herby notes contrast the sweetness, followed by a sprinkle of allspice over porridge.
What I say
Door #16 in That Boutique-Y Whisky Company’s 2019 Advent Calendar is this 10 year old expression from Macduff distillery in the highlands.
This post was sponsored by That Boutique-Y Whisky Company by provision of their 2019 Advent Calendar.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Amber gold (10/20), quick, large tears and medium legs.
- Nose: Sweet and heady with barley sugars, malty barley, fruity and dusty, apple, pear, vanilla, apple strudel, dank and musty, salted caramel latte, chocolate with sea salt/salinity.
- Taste: Sweet, caramel, smooth, butterscotch, barley sugars, apple, raisin, strudel, milk chocolate and caramel bars / mars bars.
- Finish: Long, chocolate, toffee, raisin and baking spices.
A lovely rich and dark chocolatey expression with a surprise hit of salinity / coastal influence.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review