Islay #3 13 Years Old Batch 4 (48.6%, That Boutique-Y Whisky Company, 1479 Bottles, 2019)
- ABV: 48.6%
- Age: 13 Years Old
- Bottling: That Boutique-Y Whisky Company
- Category: Islay single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £119.95
- Origin: Undisclosed
- Vintage: undeclared
What they say
13 year old single malt from an undisclosed distillery on the Isle of Islay, independently bottled by That Boutique-y Whisky Company. The label seems familiar, mind… The LivingRoom Whisky chaps, the car with the weird doors, Bessie Williamson… Is it from a different timeline? Another universe?!
Batch 4 is a release of 1,479 bottles.
Official tasting notes:
Nose: Powerful smoke balanced by hints of old leather and tropical fruit punch.
Palate: BBQ pineapple and leafy mint, with layers of thyme honey bringing a herbaceous sweetness in to the mix.
Finish: Continued peat smoke heat and a whiff of tobacco.
What I say
Door #15 in That Boutique-Y Whisky Company’s 2019 Advent Calendar is this undisclosed Islay #3 single malt aged for 13 years.
This post was sponsored by That Boutique-Y Whisky Company by provision of their 2019 Advent Calendar.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Just gold (1/20), medium-large tears and loose legs.
- Nose: Barnyard, peat-smoke, lactic and coppery, maple-smoked bacon, sweet caramel, banana, cream, milkshake, vanilla, lemon.
- Taste: Smooth, caramel, peanut butter, Reeses peanut butter cups, milk chocolate, salt, toasted oak, nut brittle, iodine & tcp, kipper smoke and nutty thyme.
- Finish: Long, medicinal iodine, smokey with burnt thyme brush.
A fantastic Islay expression with plenty of milk chocolate / peanut butter and salt that combine perfectly into Reeses peanut butter cups and lots of herbal thyme thrown in for good measure, awesome!
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review