Irish Single Malt #1 13 Years Old Batch 2
- ABV: 48.4%
- Age: 13 Years Old
- Bottling: That Boutique-Y Whisky Company
- Category: Irish single malt whisky
- Cost: £59.95 for Batch 3 available from Master of Malt (link opens masterofmalt.com)
- Origin: Undisclosed
- Vintage: undeclared
What they say
Ah, lovely Irish whiskey! Booming now, but it wasn’t so many years ago that the number of distilleries dwindled precariously, all joining forces at one stage simply to survive. It should also be remembered, however, that Irish whiskey has a long and glorious history and was the most popular spirit in the world back in the 19th century including (whisper it…) in Scotland!
Official tasting notes:
Nose: Fruity and Floral; Banana skins and Melon initially, softening to Banana custard. Jasmine brings the floral element. There are hints of icing sugar and cinnamon spice.
Palate: Soft and sweet initially, Cantaloupe melon, brown sugar, then warming woody spices follow.
Finish: A nice balance between sweet melon and wood spice that lingers
What I say
Door #14 in That Boutique-Y Whisky Company’s 2019 Advent Calendar is this 13 year old single malt from an undisclosed Irish distillery (#1 according to TBWC)
This post was sponsored by That Boutique-Y Whisky Company by provision of their 2019 Advent Calendar.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Light gold (5/20), quick, large tears and fine legs.
- Nose: Lemon meringue pie, apples, crisp malted barley, light syrup, apple juice, apple danish pastries, fresh, green, sappy, evergreen/pine and granny smith apples.
- Taste: Sweet and dessert-like, sugary notes, apple juice, oak wood, golden syrup, forest honey, with a sharp citrus edge to it with fresh lemon peel, vanilla and figs.
- Finish: Medium-long, apple juice, sugar and oak.
A very fresh and fruity 13 year old expression / batch. Full of apples and oak and very drinkable for it.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review