The One Signature Blend (46.6%, OB, 2019)
- ABV: 46.6%
- Age: NAS
- Bottling: OB
- Category: English & scotch blended whisky
- Cost: £37.95
- Origin: The Lakes Distillery
- Vintage: undeclared
What they say
The signature release in The One collection, this is a singular blend of The Lakes Single Malt and select Scotch grain and malt whiskies from the Highlands, Speyside and Islay. Personally sourced and blended in the Lake District National Park by our whiskymaker, Dhavall Gandhi.
This is a complex yet balanced fine blended whisky with hints of stone fruit, treacle, light spice on the nose. Deliciously compelling on the palate with notes of honey-roasted nuts, wood spice, dried fruits and gentle wood smoke.
Non-chill filtered for a richer mouthfeel and fuller flavour, with only the natural colours derived from the oak casks in every bottle. Bottled at 46.6% ABV.
Enjoy as you please. Add a few drops of water to open up the flavours, or try one of our signature serves below.
What I say
A reworking of The Lake Distillery signature blend by thier new whisky maker Dhavall Gandhi. The One no longer consists of whisky sourced from each country in the British Isles but now a more restricted (geographically at least) blend of Scotch single malt from Speyside and a lightly peated Islay are combined with the Lakes distilleries own spirit to form the base of this Signature blend.
This post was sponsored by The Lakes Distillery by provision of a sample of this product.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Chardonnay (6/20), medium tears and legs.
- Nose: Cosy coal and wood-fired snug, soft caramel and fudge notes, treacle toffee, sticky toffee pudding and peach cobbler and a splash of creme anglais
- Taste: Lighter on the palate and more refined honey/caramel notes, more baked or pudding sweetness, integrated fruits and cereal, bakewell tart, nutty, slightly coppery and smoky
- Finish: Medium-long, initial coal smoke and liquorice hit fades to honey and nuts.
A great blend and definite improvement in flavour profile for me, the work on this from Dhavall and the Lakes Distillery really is starting to show here.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Leave a Reply