Glenburgie 20 Years Old 1995 Signatory Vintage
- ABV: 43%
- Age: 20 Years Old
- Bottling: Signatory
- Category: Speyside single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £sold out
- Origin: Glenburgie distillery
- Vintage: 1995
What they say
A Signatory bottling of Glenburgie single malt Scotch whisky, drawn from a pair of hogshead casks for 20 years. It was distilled in June 1995 and bottled in February 2016.
Master of Malt tasting notes:
- Nose: Chocolate peanuts, citrus, caramel and toasted malt.
- Palate: Fruit & nut chocolate bars, red berries and orange peel.
- Finish: Walnuts and vanilla last.
What I say
Glenburgie – or possibly Glenbusie as you wait for ages then 3 come at once! Until now I had only sampled a couple of expressions. During this time the parent company Ballantines have since, finally!, released official bottlings from all their distilleries including Glenburgie – though I still haven’t got my hands of a sample of any of the OBs. It was during the sampling of the oldest of these three that someone commented – how often do you get a chance to sample Glenburgie. Well I had picked up this one a week or two before and just afterwards received notification of a further one winging (all be it a little slowly, perhaps woodcocking is more apt) its way to me.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: 18ct gold (8/20), slow, oily, medium tears, thick legs.
- Nose: Fruity, sweet and floral, fruit pastilles, apple, orange, lime and lemon, pineapple, ripe bananas, rummy/brandy, brown sugars, sticky toffee, nutty walnut.
- Taste: Medium bodied, rich and sugary and plenty of wood, hints of leather and tannic dried fruits, soft cocoa, some citrus zest, grapefruit, milk chocolate, walnut, cereal, malted barley and fudge.
- Finish: Medium, pleasing soft fudge, roast nuts and chocolate, becomes dry.
A very woody and fruity/tropical number – a great drinker with chocolate coated peanuts, wood, walnut and leather over fruit and cereal.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review