Royal Brackla 12 Years Old Batch 1 (47.9%, That Boutique-Y Whisky Company, 1472 Bottles, 2019)
- ABV: 47.9%
- Age: 12 years Old
- Bottling: That Boutique-Y Whisky Company
- Category: Highland single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £57.95
- Origin: Royal Brackla distillery
- Vintage: undeclared
What they say
The very first bottling of Royal Brackla single malt from That Boutique-y Whisky Company is here! Of course, the label gives a nod to how the distillery received its Royal Warrant by featuring King William IV. But there’s more to it than that… The Brachyuran overlords will indeed be delighted with this one…
Batch 1 is a release of 1,472 bottles.
Official tasting notes:
- Nose: Pain au chocolat, lemon sponge and ripe apples. Then roasted chestnuts and dried grass as well as a little coconut and banana bread.
- Palate: Sharp and clean with lime rind, a little stony minerality and a green estery quality. Toffee and gently clinging syrupy fruits develop.
- Finish: Long and gentle.
- Overall: Give it some time and this dram will steal your heart.
What I say
Door #7 in That Boutique-Y Whisky Company’s 2019 Advent Calendar is this 12 year old expression from Royal Brackla distillery, the first to be bottled by them.
This post was sponsored by That Boutique-Y Whisky Company by provision of their 2019 Advent Calendar.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Bright champagne gold (4/20), quick, fine tears and long, thin legs.
- Nose: Musty, fruity apples and old oak, peach, nectarine, icing sugar, baked apple, lemon sponge cakes and banana and walnut loaf.
- Taste: Lemon drizzle icing, key lime pie, chestnut and hazelnut puree, coppery metallic and slightly mineralic/alkaline, white pepper and nutmeg spice, nutty, candied lime peel.
- Finish: Medium-short, lime, nut, spice.
Fruity limes, nutty and spicy with an odd minerality, flavours and colour suggest another refill cask vatting reduced to drinking strength – I’m not sure this one ticked my boxes too much.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Categories: Single malt