Fercullen 14 Years Old Single Malt (46%, OB, 2019)
- ABV: 46%
- Age: 14 years old
- Bottling: OB, The Powerscourt Distillery
- Category: Irish single malt whiskey
- Cost: €92.95
- Origin: Undeclared distillery
- Vintage: undeclared
What they say
Carefully selected from rare stocks of aged Irish whiskey, Fercullen 14-Year-Old Single Malt has been expertly distilled and set aside to mature in bourbon barrels by one of Ireland’s most accomplished Master Distillers Noel Sweeney.
“This is a truly remarkable whiskey, a smooth, satisfying, perfectly balanced and easy to drink Single Malt Irish Whiskey,” says Master Distiller Noel Sweeney. “Exclusively matured in fresh bourbon barrels for over 14 years it has married oak and bourbon tones with a fruity, clean malty spirit to deliver a classic with maturity beyond its years.”
Official tasting notes:
- Nose: Honey, vanilla, sweet malty, spice, almonds, cinnamon, rich plums, clean and fresh.
- Taste: A refreshingly smooth and complex nectar deliver layer upon layer of smooth, silky sweet malt with crisp oak. Spicy, fruity, nutty, complex and tasty.
- Finish: Malty to start with a lingering sweet spice malt and fruity fresh finish.
What I say
The Fercullen range of whisky is produced by The Powerscourt Distillery. Sourced Irish malt whisky, bourbon matured for a minimum of 14 years.
This post was sponsored by The Powerscourt Distillery by provision of The Fercullen Trilogy Gift Pack.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Mid-gold (6/20), medium-fine tears & thin legs.
- Nose: Sweet and fruity, apple, pear, honey, vanilla, toasty oak, crisp barley malt and fermented banana.
- Taste: Smooth, juicy apple and oak, tropical papaya and pineapple, a touch of orange oil, marmalade with ginger, hazelnut puree and vanilla cream.
- Finish: Medium, zesty citrus peels, sweet and sour oak.
A lovely easy drinker, there is a nice tropicality about the fruits in this whisky but still some zest that keeps it refreshing.
Don’t take my word for it:
Westmeath Whiskey World reviews the Fercullen Range
Bloggers submit link to your review
Leave a Reply