Aerstone 10 Years Old Sea Cask (40%, OB, 2018)
- ABV: 40%
- Age: 10 Years Old
- Bottling: William Grant & Sons
- Category: single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £20
- Origin: Undisclosed distillery
- Vintage: undeclared
What they say
Carefully matured for over 10 years in warehouses, perched on the intense environs of the Ayrshire coast, of Scotland.
Sea Cask is so-called because some of our warehouses are situated right by the sea. This impacts the maturation process and delivers a smooth whisky with a hint of sea salt.
Aerstone showcases two distinctive styles of single malt scotch whisky which are clearly defined by their taste profile on the bottle and pack.
Smooth & Easy or Rich & Smoky, you choose – sip, savour and enjoy!
Skilfully crafted, drink responsibly.
Official tasting notes:
- Nose: Light and floral with a subtle, nutty character. Delicate oak, malted biscuits and creamy vanilla background.
- Palate: Lightly-toasted almonds, sweet cotton candy and a gentle vanilla oak, balanced with a touch of tannin.
- Finish: Lingering oak with delicate sweetness.
What I say
Sampled during the Aerstone tweet tasting on 22nd May 2019 hosted by The Whisky Wire
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Amber gold (10/20), oily, medium rounded droplet tears, thick legs
- Nose: Buttery, gentle cereal, raisin, fruit cake or dundee cake, fruit; apple, pear, hint of mashed banana with muskovado sugar, more toffee and malt with time.
- Taste: Creamed rice pudding, lemon zest, ginger, white pepper spice, honeyed almonds, oaky wood, white chocolate
- Finish: Medium-long, honeyed wood, dry zesty, dried lemon rind/pith,
Preferred over the land cask expression, this one feels much more integrated and balanced, some great flavours developing here and also a promise of things to come – I’d love to see these grow into 12, 15 or 18 year old expressions!
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Categories: Single malt