Glenfarclas 12 Year Old Drinks by the Dram
- ABV: 58.7%
- Age: 12 Years Old
- Bottling: OB, Drinks by the Dram
- Category: Speyside single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £57.95 available from Master of Malt
- Origin: Glenfarclas Distillery
- Vintage: undeclared
What they say
A special bottling of Glenfarclas single malt Scotch whisky, aged for 12 years before being bottled at cask strength from those Drinks by the Dram folks. Yummy Speyside single malt at a punchy strength – we love it.
Official tasting notes:
Nose: Rum-soaked raisins and good old sherry, with hints of buttered crumpet and malt loaf underneath.
Palate: Brioche, fried banana, more raisins and chocolate. A hint of rancio, perhaps…
Finish: Nutella, white pepper, clove and damson jam.
What I say
Bottled for Drinks by the Dram by Glenfarclas, this is a 12 year old ex-sherry cask, cask strength expression.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Antique yellow gold (8/20), fine tears and long fine legs.
- Nose: Rich sherried fruits, plum, bramble, raisin, malted bread, toasted and smothered in butter, crystalline brown sugar, malted barley and a hint of smoke or cask char?
- Taste: Medium-full bodied, butter-fried mixed fruit, apple, raisin, banana, a little syrupy pineapple fritter, light cereals and spiced bitter dark chocolate.
- Finish: Medium-long, baking or Christmas spices, dry and tannic wood, more chocolate and coffee grounds.
Possible from a refill casks this is full of sherry, butter and fruit in the classic Glenfarclas style. A touch of wood smoke or cask char keeps this entertaining.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review