Miltonduff 10 Years Old 2008 The Single Cask
- ABV: 55.8%
- Age: 10 Years Old
- Bottling: Claxton’s, The Single Cask
- Category: Speyside single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £70.95
- Origin: Miltonduff distillery
- Vintage: 2008
What they say
Distilled at Miltonduff distillery 7th November 2008 and matured in a 1st fill bourbon barrel before bottling in 2019 at 10 years old, producing 248 bottles.
What I say
The second in our duet of Indepnednt bottled Miltonduff expressions is this 10 year old Cask Strength/Single cask expression matured in a 1st fill ex Bourbon barrel and bottled by Claxton’s spirits. Released as part of their spring 2019 batch.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Straw gold (6/20), quick, medium-fine tears, long, fine legs.
- Nose: Cereal, vanilla, toasted coconut and woody oak reveal plenty of cask influence followed by buttery oat & syrup flapjack apple juice and white pepper.
- Taste: Gristy cereal notes with sweet runny honey and some juicy fruit flavours, medium-bodied, peppery and sharp oak wood, vanilla and milk chocolate or white chocolate/milky bar buttons, creamy and sweet foam banana sweeties (estery).
- Finish: Medium, spiced runny honey.
A delightful cask strength and relatively straightforward/unfussy expression. The cask has had plenty of influence here as you would expect from 1st fill, making this very palateable. The balance is in favour of cask over spirit character here which works very well. I’m not sure I am any closer to uncovering the DNA or character of Miltonduff after these expressions but they were both very pleasing and enjoyable.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review