Tobermory 12 Years Old (46.3%, OB, 2019)
- ABV: 46.3%
- Age: 12 Years Old
- Bottling: OB, Distell
- Category: Island single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £45.95
- Origin: Tobermory distillery
- Vintage: Undeclared
What they say
The Isle of Mull is an idyllic place for whisky distillation and the Tobermory 12 Year Old echoes the rich character of our Hebridean home. Using non-peated barley and water from the distillery’s private source, the whisky delivers sweet and spicy notes on the palette and perfectly complements Tobermory’s passion for art in nature.
What I say
To celebrate the reopening of Tobermory distillery, this 12 year old expression matured in American oak casks was released.
Thanks to Tobermory for the official sample.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Full amber gold (10/20), slow medium-fine tears and fine legs.
- Nose: Fruity, apple, peach, red berries, lemon sharpness, citrus zest, hint of vanilla, brown sugar, honey, yeasty/doughy and toffee
- Taste: Zesty, toffee apples, a hint of copper metallic, tart raspberry coulis sweetened with honey, red apples, thickens on the palate, light white pepper spice and dark chocolate.
- Finish: Long, burnt toffee, spiced dark chocolate with mint.
Full of dark sugars, ripe fruits and a hint of spiced pepper, much sharper than the stalwart 10 year old expression but with those flashes of unmistakabley Tobermory qualities.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Categories: Single malt