Auchroisk 13 Years Old 2000 Strictly Limited
- ABV: 46%
- Age: 13 Years Old
- Bottling: Carn Mor, Strictly Limited
- Category: Speyside single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £58.33
- Origin: Auchroisk distillery
- Vintage: 2000
What they say
Distilled at Auchroisk distillery in 2000 and matured for over 13 years in 2 hogshead’s before bottling in 2014, produced 777 bottles at 46%.
What I say
The start of our Auchroisk trio/vertical is the youngest at 13 years old and comes from a marrying of 2 casks by Carn Mor.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: light straw gold (4/20), medium legs and numerous medium-fine tears.
- Nose: Sweet and fresh, orchard fruits, apple and pear, plus a little floral blossom, light honey, milled barley flour, toffee, digestive and malted milk biscuits, some citrus lemon and lemon curd (sweetened)
- Taste: Caramelised sugars, balanced, a little syrupy and oily on the palate which thickens, mixed gentle fruits, apple, pear, peach, perhaps a little cherry, toffee and honey sweetness, creamy, reminds me of horlick’s or ovaltine malt drinks.
- Finish: Long, toffee, charred oak wood and sugars.
Great poise and balance to this one, a touch of cask char/bitterness and light floury barley malt along with ripe mixed fruits, very drinkable.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review