Bunnahabhain 11 Years Old Batch 9 (49.5%, That Boutique-y Whisky Company, 2018)
- Category: Islay single malt scotch whisky
- Origin: Bunnahabhain distillery
- Bottling: That Boutique-Y Whisky Company
- ABV: 49.5%
- Cost: £73.95
What they say
Bunnahabhain 11 Years Old Batch 9 produced 712 bottles at 49.5% ABV (remarkably similar to Batch 5 pictured)
What I say
Door #17 of the Drinks by the dram Scotch Whisky Advent Calendar.
Distilled at Bunnahabhain and matured for 11 years before bottling at 49.5% ABV by TBWC to produce 1,091 bottles
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Old gold (10/20), strong, fine legs, medium tears.
- Nose: Sweet apples and icing sugar, vanilla, pear, banana, chantilly cream, biscuit, caramel, shortbread, a little musty dunnage warehouse and funk, delicious!
- Taste: Caramel and toffee, latte coffee, some zesty green apple and cinnamon and shortcrust pasty combine to make apple pie but sadly this is a little light on the palate.
- Finish: Long, toffee and spiced white pepper.
A rather frustrating Bunna, full of that delicious funky mustiness on the nose but just a little light on the palate and peppery in the finish that doesn’t really know what to do with itself. Still a classic Bunna so I still kinda like it.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Categories: Bunnahabhain, Islay
Leave a Reply