Loch Lomond 12 Years Old
- Category: Highland single malt scotch whisky
- Origin: Loch Lomond distillery
- Bottling: OB
- ABV: 46%
- Cost: £38.83
What they say
THIS EXQUISITE 12 YEAR OLD SINGLE MALT HAS A DEEP FRUITY CHARACTER OF PEACH AND PEAR LAYERED WITH A VANILLA SWEETNESS AND THE CHARACTERISTIC HINTS OF PEAT AND SMOKE FOUND IN LOCH LOMOND WHISKIES. AGED IN THREE TYPES OF CASK – BOURBON, REFILL AND RE-CHARGED – THESE WHISKIES ARE BROUGHT TOGETHER DELIVERING A PERFECTLY BALANCED SINGLE MALT UNDER THE WATCHFUL EYE OF MICHAEL HENRY OUR MASTER DISTILLER.
Official tasting notes:
- NOSE Crisp green apple, ripe pear and refreshing citrus lemon with background notes of golden cereal.
- TASTE Orchard fruits and lemon meringue. The deep fruity character of pear lead into citrus lemon, vanilla meringue and light biscuit sweetness.
- FINISH Medium length with gentle wood smoke and a lingering peaty tang.
What I say
Door #11 of the Drinks by the dram Scotch Whisky Advent Calendar.
Previously sampled just after its release in 2017 here we take another look at Loch Lomond distillery’s self-named 12 year old.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Dark amber gold (12/20), medium-fine tears, fine legs.
- Nose: Fruity; orchard fruits, fresh apple, pear, a hint of floral blossom, brown sugar, woody oak, earthy peat and gristy malt.
- Taste: Medium-light bodied, spun sugar, mixed fruits; apple, pear, citrus, vanilla toffee spiced with cinnamon and ginger, oak wood.
- Finish: Medium-long, lingering zest and spice, sherbet-like and woody oak.
Full of toffee but with just a hint of smoke and plenty of fresh and ripe orchard fruits here, still a very pleasing dram this one from Loch Lomond.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review