Tullamore D.E.W. 18 Years Old
- Category: Irish single malt whiskey
- Origin: Midleton Distillery
- Bottling: William Grant & Sons
- ABV: 41.3%
- Cost: £92.33
What they say
Finished in a combination of bourbon, Port, Madeira and Oloroso Sherry casks. Only 20 barrels produced annually.
What I say
Sampled during the #TullamoreDEW tweet tasting hosted by Tullamore D.E.W. and @TheWhiskyWire on 7th March 2018.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Full gold (10/20), rare, slow, medium-fine tears leave fine legs
- Nose: Perfumed and floral briefly whisked through biscuit malt and into toasty wood, residual sticky apple and raisin strudel and a good cup of espresso coffee or piece of dark chocolate
- Taste: Pineapple upside down cake and date-filled sticky toffee pudding with rum and raisin ice cream, toasted oak wood, dried fruits, cocoa and coffee
- Finish: Long, bitter sweet, dark chocolate and raisins
A deliciously dark and complex whiskey, full of coffee, cocoa and oak wood notes.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit a link to your review