Glen Ord 20 Year Old Batch 1 (51.9%, That Boutique-Y Whisky Company, 2018)
- Category: Highland single malt scotch whisky
- Origin: Glen Ord Distillery
- Bottling: That Boutique-Y Whisky Company
- ABV: 51.9%
- Cost: £coming soon
What they say
Distilled at Glen Ord Distillery, Aged 20 Years, Batch 1, 51.9% ABV.
What I say
Sampled as part of the #TBWCAdvent Twitter tasting just before Christmas
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Pale refractive gold (8/20)
- Nose: Fresh, grassy, citrus lemon and lime, green apple skin, ginger, ginger nut biscuits, biscuit cereal malt
- Taste: Spiced and fruity cereal barley, lemon and honey and almost medicinal cough drop or cold remedy with the spirit alcohol, cereals develop and add a hint of nuttiness – water brings out spice, white pepper, dry oak and ginger – give me back my sweeties!
- Finish: Medium, lemon barley sugars, honey
Preferred at full strength, full of that lemon citrus I associate with Glen Ord spirit, there is a good mixture of both spirit and cask characteristics in here but perhaps spirit wins out a little. Water changed this but not to my liking.
Shop for That Boutique-Y Whisky Company whisky (opens Master of Malt)
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit a link to your review
1 reply »