- Founded: 1957
- Status: Closed 1980, Demolished
- Region: Alloa
- Online: n/a
History Converted from Forth Brewery in Cambus in 1957, North of Scotland was producing grain whisky from its three patent stills, which had the capacity to distil 2,700 litres of wash per hour, and malt whisky from its two copper pot stills. The malt set-up was called Strathmore. Following the deaths of the distillery’s directors in the 1970s, and troubled by the overproduction of whisky at the time, North of Scotland closed in 1980 and the distillery and buildings were sold as a silent entity to DCL in 1982.
The Whiskyphiles tasting notes
Pearls of Scotland
- North of Scotland 42 Years Old 1971 - North of Scotland 42 Years Old 1971 (Pearls of Scotland) 43.3% ABV, £127.50 for 70cl Score: 82/100 What they say: A 1971 vintage North of Scotland single grain whisky released by independent […]