1. What they say
A single cask limited edition of our Glasgow Spiced Banditti Club Rum.
Naturally aged in oak casks and spiced with a selection of fresh fruit and exotic spices, Smoky Rogues is then finished in casks that previously held Glasgow 1770 Peated Single Malt Scotch Whisky to add a deep and complex layer of smoky richness.
Experience notes of spiced orange, dark chocolate and smoky tobacco, mulled spices and zesty marmalade combine before a long smoky finish.
Bottled at 52.2% ABV, made with authenticity and integrity without additional colouring, sugar, or artificial flavouring and limited to only 390 individually numbered bottles.https://www.glasgowdistillery.com/item/144/Banditti/Banditti-Club-Smoky-Rogues-Rum.html
2. Official tasting notes
- NOSE Warming spice, smoke, dark chocolate and spiced orange
- PALATE Christmas cake, smoky tobacco, mulled spices and zesty marmalade
- FINISH Subtle smoke, roasted pineapple and earthy spice
- ABV 52.2%
- Age NAS
- Bottler OB
- Bottling Smoky Rogues
- Cask Peated Whisky Cask
- Category Rum
- Cost £28
- Origin Madeira
- Region n/a
- Released 2022
4. What I say
Following on from Banditti Club Rum we then sampled this Smoky Rogues limited single cask edition. For this Glasgow Distillery took some of their Banditti Club Rum and matured it in a cask that previously held their Glasgow 17780 peated whisky.
5. The Whiskyphiles tasting notes
- Colour Russet bronze (14/20) oily large droplet tears and thick legs.
- Nose Initially petrol, later gentle smoke and familiar Banditti notes Christmas cake, clove, cinnamon and orange peel, all washed down with brandy in front of an ashen open wood-fire
- Taste Light-bodied, triple sec spirity orange, cherry cola, sweet and salty like peanut butter and chocolate Reese’s peanut butter cups? coal-tar soap, phenolic and juniper – I shouldn’t like this but I do!
- Finish Medium, sweet juniper wood fire
Perfect for a smokey cokey Cuba Libre!
7. Score 85/100