Banditti Club Glasgow Spiced Rum
1. What they say
Banditti Club Glasgow Spiced Rum is named after a band of ardent spirits who would meet in Glasgow’s local public houses in the late 18th and early 19th century; singing, eating and playing music late into the night.
Matured and spiced in Glasgow, Banditti Club is made using rum distilled from freshly pressed sugar cane juice on the Island of Madeira. Aged for 12 months in oak casks, Banditti is spiced with a selection of fresh tropical fruit and exotic spices, including pineapple, orange, cacao and allspice.
Natural sweetness and warm spice on the nose, Banditti Club opens up to toasted pineapple and orange on the palate with notes of clove and anise that lead to a long spicy finish.
This is a truly handcrafted spirit of the highest order with no added sugar, no colouring or any artificial flavours. Banditti Club Spiced Rum is an all-natural product that is best mixed with ginger beer or cola with a wedge of fresh lime.https://www.glasgowdistillery.com/item/6/Banditti/Banditti-Club-Glasgow-Spiced-Rum.html
2. Official tasting notes
- NOSE Tropical fruits and warming spice. Herbaceous notes complement sweet vanilla and clove.
- PALATE Toasted pineapple with allspice and ginger. Hints of cinnamon, orange and anise.
- FINISH Long lasting peppery finish with a complex clove spiciness.
- ABV 44%
- Age NAS
- Bottler OB
- Bottling Banditti Club
- Cask Oak
- Category Rum
- Cost £25
- Origin Madeira
- Region n/a
- Released 2020
4. What I say
Following on from Glasgow 1770’s limited edition specials we moved onto some rum. Produced in Madeira this is matured and spiced in Glasgow.
5. The Whiskyphiles tasting notes
- Colour bright auburn gold (12/20) oily large droplet tears and fine legs.
- Nose Sweet, molasses and spice a real musky aftershave/perfume hit that reminds me of my youth and queuing to get into nightclubs, Christmas fruitcake, orange peel, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, marzipan and icing, sage & apple combo (stuffing)
- Taste Light-bodied, edging on juniper, sage, applemint, treacle toffee, parkin, fruitcake, mulling spices, star anise, cinnamon, orange peel some oak tannins.
- Finish Long, woody and herbal
Despite the initial hit on the nose this is a pretty solid spiced rum and though I didn’t try it I can imagine this mixes well also. Plenty of festive spices to be found.
7. Score 80/100
Leave a Reply