Four Roses Small Batch Select Bourbon
1. What they say
Master Distiller Brent Elliott selected and mingled six of Four Roses’ 10 Bourbon recipes, each aged a minimum of 6 years, to handcraft Small Batch Select. Non-chill filtered and 104 proof, our newest permanent product-line extension offers truly unique flavor characteristics. 104 proof. 52% alcohol/volume.
2. Official tasting notes
- Nose: Raspberries, clove, and nutmeg.
- Palate: Apricot, berries, vanilla and light oak.
- Finish: Lingering spearmint, light touch of cinnamon.
- ABV 52%
- Age 6 Years
- Bottler OB
- Bottling Small Batch Select
- Cask Virgin oak
- Category Bourbon
- Cost £57.95 from The Whisky Exchange
- Origin Four Roses Distillery
- Region US
- Released 2019 (2022 UK)
4. What I say
released in the UK finally after being available for just over 2 years in the US. Four Roses small batch select is a 52% (104 proof) permanent addition to Four Roses line-up. Made with 6 of the 10 mashbill/yeast combination recipes at Four Roses and matured for a minimum of 6 years.
5. The Whiskyphiles tasting notes
- Colour Bright bronze (14/20), fine tears and barely perceptible legs.
- Nose Sweet and fruity, raspberries and vanilla cream, polished oak wood, apricot, estery, waxed apples, maple and pecan plait, nutty, some herbality, woody thyme, cinnamon bark.
- Taste Gumballs, spearmint, woody oak, quite chewy on the palate, menthol and linseed oils, fruity and spicy, raspberries and white pepper, cinnamon and mace.
- Finish Long a nd a touch drying, Edinburgh Rock and spices, sweetens with icing sugar and vanilla.
Intense sweet fruit and spice plus plenty of wood influence, well put-together CS Bourbon from the Four Roses stable.
7. Score 85/100