Auchroisk 18 Years Old 1994 Old Particular Cask #9899 (Douglas Laing)
What they say
This Auchroisk was distilled in October 1994, popped into a refill hogshead where it matured for 18 years, until Douglas Laing put the single malt Scotch whisky into 335 bottles during August 2013 for their Old Particular range.https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/auchroisk/auchroisk-18-year-old-1994-cask-9899-old-particular-douglas-laing-whisky/
What I say
More old IB Speysiders, this time an 18 Year Old Auchroisk bottled by Douglas Laing as part of their Old Particular range. More spirit led, refill HH goodness.
- ABV 48.4%
- Age 18 Years Old
- Bottler Douglas Laing
- Bottling Old Particular
- Cask HH 9899
- Category Single malt scotch whisky
- Cost £discontinued
- Origin Auchroisk Distillery
- Outturn 335 bottles
- Region Speyside
- Released 2013
- Vintage 1994
My tasting notes
- Appearance Bright white wine gold (6/20), slow, medium tears and straight legs.
- Nose Vanilla, honey & apples, biscuity, shortbread, malty, touch grassy hay, floral honeysuckle, quite reserved.
- Taste Medium-full bodied, creamy almost milky, vanilla, milkshake, white chocolate, cereals, porridge, honey |& oat flapjack, later green apples, white pear and white grapes, really thick and chewy on the palate.
- Finish Long, oak wood, honey sweet and some white pepper and white chocolate.
- Overall An accomplished Auchroisk from a refill bourbon cask. Vanilla and cereals lead with touch of fruit and plenty of white chocolate, delicious!
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review