What they say
MACK by Mackmyra is an artisanal single malt whisky made from only Swedish ingredients. MACK is great in cocktails but also on its own, straight or on the rocks.
It is a flavourful whisky with a bright, fresh character and notes of vanilla, pear and citrus.
Official tasting notes
A Robust and Fruity Whisky with a Real Vanilla and Orchard Fruit Backbone
What I say
I’m quite a fan of Mackmyra’s output and especially their very Swedish special editions. Unfettered by SWA rules Mackmyra really like to stamp their individuality on their products. I recently got the chance to sample through several of their range, including some revisits, which I naturally jumped at.
- ABV 40%
- Age NAS
- Bottler Mackmyra (Official)
- Bottling Mack
- Cask Undisclosed
- Category Single malt Swedish whisky
- Cost £36.90
- Origin Mackmyra Distillery
- Outturn n/a
- Region Sweden
- Released 2015
- Vintage undisclosed
My tasting notes
- Appearance Dark orange gold (12/20) medium tears taper to fine legs.
- Nose Banana, sweet, fruity, estery, later some apples, peaches, banana milkshake, vanilla, soft brown sugar, sweet florals, cloying, marshmallow.
- Taste Light-bodied, true to the nose, mashed banana with Muscovado sugar, banana + vanilla milkshake, creamy and sweet, soft brown sugar, restrained cinnamon spice and oak wood develop.
- Finish Medium, spiced honey, a touch oaky and drying, banana flumps (marshamallows)
- Overall Banana splits club (Hold the bus!) super estery and sweet, plenty of fruit but some woody spices to keep it in check towards the end. Fairly simple and straightforward and the sweetness is just about tempered enough to keep it pleasing.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Leave a Reply