Mackmyra Brukswhisky 2008 vintage
What they say
Mackmyra Brukswhisky is definitely one of our most important products throughout the years. It has been a storyteller, an award winner, our heart and soul, and the Swedish Original. Balanced, fruity and smooth it is a Single Malt appreciated by all kinds of whisky drinkers – suitable for any occasion.
Now the time has taken it to the next level with a new age, more complexity and depth, still progressive, still easy to like. The result of 13 years of maturation is finally here – Brukswhisky Vintage 2008.
200 litres First-fill Bourbon casks
100 litres Swedish Oak. Elegant recipe, first-fill quality.
100 litres Sherry Cask. Elegant recipe, first-fill quality. 200 litres Ex-Bourbon casks elegant and peat tail, first-fill quality.
All distilled in 2008.
Official tasting notes
- Nose: Softly fruity and spicy with toasted notes, concentrated vanilla, citrus, pear caramel, tropical fruits and honey. Fine mineral notes can be found such as anise, mint and ginger.
- Taste: Well-balanced and smooth. Vanilla, oak, pear caramel and tropical citrus fruits. Fine roasted notes are found together with spicy herbs, tobacco leaves and small hints of smoke, peat and juniper.
- Aftertaste: Long, fruity and spicy in fine interplay with roasted oak, citrus fruits and tobacco spices.
What I say
So a revisit to Mackmyra’s Brukswhisky but with a difference this time. As they state “The Swedish Original – Now Even Older”. The latest edition of Brukswhisky carries the vintage 2008 and had matured for 13 years.
- ABV 41.4%
- Age 13 Years Old
- Bottler Mackmyra (Official)
- Bottling Brukswhisky 2008 vintage
- Cask Mixed
- Category Single malt Swedish whisky
- Cost £44.50
- Origin Mackmyra Distillery
- Outturn n/a
- Region Sweden
- Released 2021
- Vintage 2008
My tasting notes
- Appearance White wine gold (6/20) slow, medium tears and long, medium legs.
- Nose Woody, cedar, spruce, pine sap, citrus, green apple, lemon & lime citrus, later bananas in brown sugar, caramel, toffee, vanilla, creamy coffee.
- Taste Less sweet than Mack and much more balanced, light-medium bodied, fresh and cleansing, pine and citrus feature, apple, pear, honey, some cereal barley dry straw/grassy, spiced ginger and sugared almonds.
- Finish Medium-long, drying, spiced ginger and cedar sap.
- Overall More neutral and better balanced with a wealth of woody/sappy notes like walking through a pine forest but still with hints of the classic Mackmyra sweetened banana distillate.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review