Bonnington New Make Spirit (unpeated)
What they say
Bonnington unpeated new make spirit generated from Munton’s unpeated malted barley at less than 2 ppm phenol. Distillation cut is taken quite wide from 75% down to 62% ABV to assist with a fuller bodied and waxy character. Stills are designed with minimum reflux.
What I say
Bonnington unpeated new make spirit reduced to cask filling strength of 63% ABV sampled following our tour of the distillery with their Master Blender Kirstie McCallum.
- ABV 63%
- Age 0 Years Old
- Bottler Halewood International
- Bottling Sample
- Cask None
- Category Lowland single malt whisky
- Cost n/a
- Origin Bonnington Distillery
- Outturn n/a
- Region Lowland
- Released 2021
- Vintage 2021
My tasting notes
- Appearance Gin clear (0/20), slow, medium tears and legs.
- Nose Sweet and cereal rich, malted barley, oat & honey flapjacks.
- Taste Full-bodied, creamy, malty, biscuits, sweet reduced with water this retains its malty and waxy nature but exposed a little copper metallic and became a touch meaty.
- Finish Medium, cereal and honey.
- Overall Quite heavy and full-bodied in mouthfeel but with a lovely creamed barley nature, sweet but not overtly fruity. A distinct signature/character for Bonnington distillate.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Categories: Bonnington, Lowland
Leave a Reply