Johnnie Walker Gold Label Reserve
What they say
Johnnie Walker Gold Label Reserve is a whisky that plays nicely with others but always holds its own. This award-winning Scotch is made from vibrant whiskies chosen for their sweet, honeyed qualities. Discover vivid flavour in every drop.
Official tasting notes
- NOSE Heather honey aromas and woody notes.
- TASTE Vibrant and tropical fruit with smooth, creamy vanilla.
- FINISH A lingering sweet, smoky finish.
What I say
As part of our tasting experience at the end of the Glenkinchie tour we also sampled Johnnie Walker Gold Label alongside Glenkinchie single malt expressions to tie in with their new Johnnie Walker 4 corners of Scotland branding. Gold label is reportedly built around a core of Clynelish single malt whisky (another corner of Scotland) bestowing tropical fruit flavours.
- ABV 40%
- Age NAS
- Bottler Diageo
- Bottling Offical
- Cask Undisclosed
- Category Blended scotch whisky
- Cost £43.45
- Origin n/a
- Outturn Undeclared
- Region Scotland
- Released 2012
- Vintage Undisclosed
My tasting notes
- Appearance Amber gold (8/20), medium tears & legs.
- Nose Neutral sweet and woody, baked apples, apple pie with cinnamon and vanilla custard, tropical fruit, banana, honey, beeswax, later a hint of sweet phenolic coal-tar soap and more oak wood
- Taste Smooth and creamy, vanilla, honey, apple must, dried apple slices, caramel, soft biscuity cereals, light caramel, everything in moderation, some soft gingerbread and a wisp of smoke.
- Finish Medium, sweet, honeyed cereal and soft oak wood.
- Overall Everything in moderation here, lots of sweet honey and caramel delivered beautifully.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review