Glenkinchie 9 Years Old 2009 Distillery Exclusive Cask 312033
What they say
Distilled at Glenkinchie in 2009 and matured in an ex-bourbon cask #312033, this was available as a distillery exclusive hand-fill at 55.2%.
What I say
I recently revisited Glenkinchie distillery following their extensive renovation and remodelling into one of the Johnnie Walker Four Corners of Scotland. As part of their new visitor centre experience, Glenkinchie now offer a hand-fill distillery exclusive available in 70 or 10cl bottles.
- ABV 55.2%
- Age 9 Years old
- Bottler Me!
- Bottling Distillery Handfill
- Cask American oak ex Bourbon
- Category Lowland single malt whisky
- Cost £20
- Origin Glenkinchie Distillery
- Outturn n/a
- Region Lowland
- Released n/a
- Vintage 2009
My tasting notes
- Appearance Full gold (9/20), quick, medium-large tears and legs.
- Nose Sweet and spiced, a little perfumed, vanilla, icing sugar, cinnamon, white pepper, fresh and flour-y, tropical fruits, papaya, mango and pineapple, then woody oak.
- Taste Medium-bodied, rich and sugary, golden syrup and vanilla, honey, biscuity malt with a spirity edge, chicory coffee, wood char, fruity pineapple fritters, banana, papaya and guava, a touch green tropical fruits.
- Finish Long, sugary, syrupy, apple and pear flan topped with pineapple.
- Overall Dry and woody sweetness, primarily cask-derived initially then some interesting and green tropical fruit notes from Glenkinchie’s spirit. Fascinating to try something cask strength from here.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Categories: Glenkinchie, Lowland
Leave a Reply