Teeling Stout Cask Finish Irish Whiskey
What they say
Teeling Whiskey Company and Galway Bay Brewery, one of Ireland’s most celebrated craft breweries, have been collaborating for years, on what has now become the cult classic “200 fathoms” – a modern interpretation of an Imperial Stout, aged just once annually in Teeling’s Small Batch barrels. It was inevitable that one day we would bring this collaboration full circle, take back the stout-seasoned barrels and finish a whiskey with their rich, dark, malty influence. The result is a true celebration of flavour-focused innovation.
Official tasting notes
- Nose Dark chocolate, truffles, sour apples, ocean spray
- Palate Sweet malt, roasted barley, sour fruits, black cherries
- Finish Seville oranges, digestive biscuits, honeycomb and cream
What I say
A marriage between Teeling Irish Whiskey and Galway Bay Brewery’s Stout casks was used to produce this limited edition. Here the reciprocal of Stout ageing in ex-Teeling casks has been used to add ex-Imperial stout finish to Teeling’s small batch blended whiskey.
- ABV 46%
- Age NAS
- Bottler Teeling
- Bottling Official
- Cask Sout Cask Finish
- Category Blended Irish Whiskey
- Cost £45
- Origin Undisclosed
- Outturn Undisclosed
- Region Ireland
- Released 2017
- Vintage Undisclosed
My tasting notes
- Appearance Chardonnay gold (12/20), medium tears and legs.
- Nose Lemon puff biscuits, lemon curd, sherbet, vanilla, yeasty, cake, bread, brioche, doughy, lemon zest or lemon drizzle cake, apple, foam banana and chocolate limes sweeties.
- Taste Medium-full bodied, creamy, toasty barley notes, vanilla, malt, apple pie, chocolate orange and chocolate limes.
- Finish Long, caramel, chocolate digestives, malty , lemon curd.
- Overall An unusual but very nice/enjoyable expression, this still has quite a lot of citrus aroma and flavour from the base whiskey blend but it is not sharp/acidic and compliments well the very creamy chocolate nature derived from the stout casks.
Available from Master of Malt and The Whisky Exchange
Don’t take my word for it:
Westmeath Whiskey World Reviews Teeling Stout Cask Finish
Bloggers submit link to your review
Such a good whiskey 🥃
LikeLiked by 1 person