Glenfiddich 26 Years Old Grand Couronne
What they say
Meaning Crown in French, Grande Couronne is the crowning glory to your celebrations.
After ageing for 26 years at our distillery, it is refined and elegant. But it’s crowning glory awaits. An extended finish in rare French cognac casks adds extra lavish layers of sweet tasted oak and velvety aromas of café crème, brown sugar and soft spice.
This 26 year old single malt is the crowning glory of our Grand Series, whiskies which celebrate the merging of two worlds coming together. After maturing at the Glenfiddich Distillery, Grande Couronne has an extended two-year finish in rare French Cognac casks.
Grande Couronne is the epitome of opulence, uncorked at your most grand and meaningful celebrations. Its very name, meaning crown in French is the promise of the excellence in each drop of this precious single malt.
This is single malt ascended.
“The Grand Series perfectly encapsulates Glenfiddich’s spirit of innovation and our ability to experiment with aged liquid and intriguing finishes. Grande Couronne is the latest to exemplify that approach.
It is the only Glenfiddich single malt that has matured in American and European oak casks and finished in rare French Cognac casks. The length of the finish, two years, is highly unusual and adds extra layers of sweet toasted oak and velvety aromas of café crème, brown sugar and soft spice.”
Brian Kinsman, Glenfiddich Malt Master
- Crown the occasion with our 26 year old Grande Couronne
- Matured in American and European oak casks at The Glenfiddich Distillery
- Finished for at least two years in rare and meticulously selected French cognac casks
- Aged 26 years
- World’s most awarded single malt Scotch whisky
Official Tasting Notes
- Colour Antique gold.
- Nose Vibrant and lively with an abundance of toasty oak sweetness. Reminiscent of a French pâtisserie, freshly-baked Tarte Tatin and buttery choux pastry.
- Taste Deep, velvety smooth and indulgently sweet. Café crème with soft brown sugar and a hint of spice.
- Finish Very long-lasting sweet oak.
What I say
Exploring the upper end of Glenfiddich’s core range thanks to Master Of Malts exclusive Glenfiddich Tasting Collection . Glenfiddich 26 Years Old features a cask finish using French Cognac casks for a minimum of 2 years.
- ABV 43.8%
- Age 26 Years Old
- Bottler William Grant & Sons
- Bottling Official
- Cask French Cognac Cask Finish
- Category Single Malt Whisky
- Cost £450
- Origin Glenfiddich Distillery
- Outturn n/a
- Region Speyside
- Released 2021
- Vintage Undeclared
My tasting notes:
- Appearance 18ct gold (8/10), slow, medium-fine tears and long, fine legs.
- Nose A heady mixture of stewed fruits and spiced woody oak, orange oil and zest, Madagascan vanilla pods, orchard fruits, apple, pear, latte coffee, caramel, hazelnut, praline.
- Taste Creamy, medium-light bodied, caramel, polished wood, soft spices, caramel latte coffee with an apple Danish pastry on the side, a sprinkle of freshly grated nutmeg and soft brown sugar.
- Finish Long, sweet and spiced, palate-cleansing.
- Overall Well-aged, full of polished wood, soft and gentle this reminded me of taking a welcome break with a good coffee and accompanying pastry. Perfectly integrated and balanced I could gladly spend plenty of time enjoying this whisky.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Categories: Single malt