Glenfiddich 21 Years Old Gran Reserva Rum Cask Finish
What they say
After maturing our whisky for 21 years, our Malt Master adds even warmer and richer flavours by uniquely finishing this single malt in first fill bourbon barrels that once contained rum from the Caribbean.
The rum-soaked cask infuses the aged whisky with a spicy warmth and indulgent vanilla and toffee sweetness, the character of the Caribbean shining through. This gives our whisky a sumptuous sweet intensity that is both rich and creamy yet still retains the unmistakable character of Glenfiddich.
Great for those expecting a very mature, traditional yet intriguing malt. Initially soft, then brisk, vibrant and drying. New leather and oak nose combine with complex sweet, smoky and subtle ginger flavours in this classic Glenfiddich.
- An exquisite, traditional Speyside whisky
- Finished in Gran Reserva rum casks from the Caribbean
- Rich and ripe with our Glenfiddich signature notes
- Patiently matured for 21 years on‐site at the distillery
- Notes of vanilla, sweet toffee, fig
Official Tasting Notes
- Colour Dark gold.
- Nose Intense and vanilla sweet. Floral, hints of banana, figs, rich toffee, new leather and oak.
- Taste Initially soft, then brisk, vibrant and drying. Peppery with a touch of smoke, oak, lime, ginger and spices.
- Finish Very long, warming, dry and spicy.
What I say
Exploring the upper end of Glenfiddich’s core range thanks to Master Of Malts exclusive Glenfiddich Tasting Collection . Glenfiddich 21 Years Old Gran Reserva features a Caribbean Rum cask finish.
- ABV 40%
- Age 21 Years Old
- Bottler William Grant & Sons
- Bottling Offical
- Cask Caribbean Rum Cask Finish
- Category Single Malt Whisky
- Cost £140
- Origin Glenfiddich Distillery
- Outturn n/a
- Region Speyside
- Released 2021
- Vintage Undeclared
My tasting notes:
- Appearance Dark amber gold (11/10), quick, medium tears and long, medium legs.
- Nose Sweet, honey, syrup, fresher, more citrus orange, tangerine/clementine, toasted banana with soft borwn sugar, date/fig jam, vanilla, fudge, milk chocolate, oak wood, suede or soft leather.
- Taste Soft, sugary sweet, banana and Muskovado sugar, fig jam, spiced later, ginger & lime marmalade, malt loaf and fruitcake.
- Finish Long, more soft brown sugars honey, ginger and drying oak wood.
- Overall Another perfectly balanced and elegant Glenfiddich example, not too sweet but with a lovely toasted banana and brown sugar combination of sweetness that reveals the rum cask influence.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Categories: Glenfiddich, Speyside
Leave a Reply