Glenfiddich 18 Years Old
What they say
This luxurious, delicately crafted and full-bodied single malt is produced in small batches.
Our specialist on-site coopers personally look after every precious cask we use for this outstanding 18 year old single malt throughout its long maturation, ensuring the oak is in the best condition to imbue the whisky with its notes of baked apple, cinnamon and robust oak.
Married for at least three months in small, individually numbered batches in wooden tuns, the Glenfiddich 18 Year Old has a unique depth and complexity that has been acclaimed in the industry.
Great for experiencing classic rich Glenfiddich whisky with luxurious dried fruit, candy peel and date flavours overlaid with elegant oak notes.
- Married in small batches of no more than 150 casks
- Every batch is individually numbered
- Matured in Spanish Oloroso wood and American oak
- The baked apple notes of our 18 Year Old were once notes of fresh pear, now mellowed and softened.
- A truly exceptional single malt
- Oak, baked apple, cinnamon
Official Tasting Notes
- Colour Rich bronze.
- Nose A remarkably rich aroma with ripe orchard fruit, baked apple and robust oak.
- Taste Richly delivers luxurious dried fruit, candy peel and dates. Overlaid with elegant oak notes.
- Finish Warming, rewarding and distinguished.
What I say
Exploring the upper end of Glenfiddich’s core range commencing with their 18 Year Old thanks to Master Of Malts exclusive Glenfiddich Tasting Collection
- ABV 40%
- Age 18 Years Old
- Bottler William Grant & Sons
- Bottling Offical
- Cask Oloroso & Bourbon
- Category Single Malt Whisky
- Cost £60
- Origin Glenfiddich Distillery
- Outturn n/a
- Region Speyside
- Released 2021
- Vintage Undeclared
My tasting notes:
- Appearance Dark orange/amber gold (12/10), slow-forming medium tears and medium-fine legs.
- Nose Sweet and fruity, orchard fruits, pear and apple, some citrus tangerine, vanilla, oak wood, soft caramel, fudge, honey and a light herbal nature with cinnamon sticks.
- Taste Medium-bodied, rich, syrupy sweet, poached pears in dessert wine, apple pie with a hint of cinnamon, juicy fruits, raisins, a hint of candied peel, some dried tropical fruits, papaya and mango, vanilla, caramel sauce, oak wood, ginger and cinnamon.
- Finish Medium-long, soft and sweet, spiced honey.
- Overall Classic Glenfiddich full of orchard fruits, rich and slightly more reserved/mature thanks to the extra ageing. Balanced to perfection.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review