Lindores Abbey 3 Years Old 2018 Cask 95
What they say:
Cask Type: Fresh Oloroso Sherry Butt
What I say
Sampled during the #LindoresAbbey Tweet tasting with Steve @TheWhiskyWire. A selection of maturing cask samples were drawn from the warehouse and were tasted blind. This sample was from first fill ex-Oloroso sherry butt.
- ABV 61.6%
- Age 3 Years Old
- Bottler Lindores Abbey
- Bottling Cask No 95
- Cask Oloroso Sherry Butt
- Category Single Malt Whisky
- Cost n/a
- Origin Lindores Abbey distillery
- Outturn n/a
- Region Lowland
- Released 2021
- Vintage 2018
My tasting notes:
- Appearance Sauternes (8/20) large, oily tears and thick legs.
- Nose Floral again like the STR wine barrique, a mixture between the last two a little richer more cherries than berries here, and some soft caramel and plenty of buttery macadamia nuts too, later apple strudel and cider.
- Taste Richer fruit and spice, raisin, plum, apple, black cherry, blackcurrant, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, milk chocolate digestive biscuits, much more drinkable at CS than previous. with water, a little copper metallic creeps in.
- Finish Medium-long and sweet with fruits and cream
- Overall My favourite of the tasting, despite being a larger container with reduced wood influence the sherry has really worked wonders here.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Categories: Single malt