Lindores Abbey 3 Years Old 2018 Cask 68
What they say:
Cask Type: First Fill Woodford Reserve ASB
What I say
Sampled during the #LindoresAbbey Tweet tasting with Steve @TheWhiskyWire. A selection of maturing cask samples were drawn from the warehouse and were tasted blind.
- ABV 60.6%
- Age 3 Years Old
- Bottler Lindores Abbey
- Bottling Cask No 68
- Cask First Fill ex Bourbon
- Category Single Malt Whisky
- Cost n/a
- Origin Lindores Abbey distillery
- Outturn n/a
- Region Lowland
- Released 2021
- Vintage 2018
My tasting notes:
- Appearance Champagne gold (3/20) oily, fat tears followed by finer beads.
- Nose Lots of new make, slightly chemical, sweet bananas, pears, acetone, vanilla, icing sugar, floral, cloying but yummy, pineapple cubes and pear drops. Draff note later soaked in Muscat, biscuity digestives, white grape/white wine florality, crushed pink peppercorns.
- Taste Spirity and zesty with alcohol strength, plenty of rich zesty fruits, lemon, lime, pink grapefruit even orange zest, backed by honey and golden syrup, thickens and zest subsides but white pepper and allspice/burn persists. with a healthy sploosh of water, lemon & vanilla cheesecake with gingernut biscuit base.
- Finish Short, woody and spiced
- Overall An insight into Lindores Abbey distillate signature following 3 years in 1st fill ex-bourbon cask. Revealing floral and tropical fruit flavours.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Categories: Single malt