Mortlach 7 Years Old Tartan La Maison du Whisky
What they say
7 year old Mortlach single malt Scotch whisky, bottled by La Maison du Whisky for their Tartan range of independently bottled whiskies.
What I say
Our final and youngest Mortlach from our reverse-vertical session was bottled under the Tartan label by La Maison du Whisky.
- ABV 40%
- Age 7 Years Old
- Bottler La Maison du Whisky
- Bottling Tartan
- Cask Refill bourbon hogshead
- Category Single malt scotch whisky
- Cost £40
- Origin Mortlach distillery
- Outturn ?
- Region Speyside
- Released 2014
- Vintage Undeclared
My tasting notes:
- Appearance Barely gold (2/20), medium, oily tears and numerous medium legs.
- Nose Fruity and rich, malty, sugary, golden syrup, treacle almost, pear, peach, apple, tangerine, hint new make/spirity e.g. sulphury egg custard but no vanilla, cornflakes and ham
- Taste Medium-bodied, smooth, caramel, toffee, sugar, malt, mixed fruits, apple, pear, peach, some bite from the new make spirit, grassy hay, lemon juice and barley malt.
- Finish Medium-short, hay, chalky/mineralic, lemon Pez.
- Overall Another raw and spirit-led Mortlach expression and again in the absence of serious cask-maturation I’m left underwhelmed by this one.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review