- ABV: 40%
- Age: NAS
- Bottling: OB
- Category: Australian single malt whisky
- Cost: £35
- Origin: New World distillery
- Vintage: Undeclared
What they say
Starward is launching its newest addition to the Starward core range. Crafted to be smooth and flavoursome in style, Left-Field is an approachable whisky which has the hallmarks of Starward and our distinctive Australian red wine barrel maturation. This single malt whisky has been specifically made with a European palate in mind and will be available at Waitrose supermarkets nationally from the 1st of February, 2021.
What I say
A European-oriented release from Starward, bringing a very affordable Australian single malt whisky into easy reach.
This post was sponsored by Starward by provision of a sample of this product.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Ruby red (14/20), large tears and thick legs.
- Nose: Soft and subtle, red fruits, perfumed, roses, soft red apples, apple juice, raspberry, tannic oak wood.
- Taste: Medium-full bodied, thick and rich, buttery on the palate, spun sugar, raspberry marshmallows, toffee apples and red apples, stays thick and syrupy, caramel and malty barley precede woody oak, cinnamon and allspice.
- Finish: Long, sweet red fruits and gentle baking spices
Very drinkable and more influenced by the red wine than the French oak cask maturation.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Categories: World Whisky