Hudson Baby Bourbon
- ABV: 46%
- Age: NAS
- Bottling: OB
- Category: Bourbon whiskey
- Cost: £49.95
- Origin: Tuthilltown Spirits
- Vintage: Undeclared
What they say
Tuthilltown Spirits had the honour of producing the first legal pot-still whiskey in New York since Prohibition – Hudson Baby Bourbon! Made using 100% New York corn, the Tuthilltown folks mature the spirit in tiny 2 gallon barrels and treat it to some music. This isn’t simply to entertain the whiskey as it sits stoically in a warehouse, the bass speakers agitate the cask and liquid, impacting the flavour!
Official tasting notes:
Nose: Robust vanilla, new oak warmth, popcorn and a lingering whiff of sugared almond.
Palate: Marzipan and candied ginger, with a thick layer of caramel on top. A touch of rye spiciness develops.
Finish: Chocolate peanuts, buttered corn-on-the-cob and a light glaze of honey.
What I say
Bourbon whisky produced by Tuthilltown Spirits in New York from Pot Distilled 100% New York Corn and matured in 2 gallon barrels.
Sampled as part of the Master of Malt American and Bourbon Whiskey Advent Calendar 2020.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Golden brown (14/20), fine tears and legs.
- Nose: Sweet, polished wood, vanilla, cheroot cigars, cherry chewing tobacco, corn, apple, cherry, delicious.
- Taste: Medium-full bodied, sweet with a hint of spices, woody initially then becomes more polished on the palate, caramel, corn, cinnamon and tobacco leaf.
- Finish: Long, sweet, dry and spiced quite woody and herbal.
Great! Powewrful, polished wood and spices with a lovely sweet backdrop.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review