Caperdonich 18 Years Old 2002 The Distillery Reserve Collection (48.1%, OB, 2nd Fill Barrel #25215, 276 Bottles, 2020)
- ABV: 48.1%
- Age: 18 Years Old
- Bottling: OB, The Distillery Reserve Collection, Single Cask
- Category: Speyside single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £185
- Origin: Caperdonich distillery
- Vintage: 2002
What they say
Distilled at Caperdonich distillery 30th May 2002 and matured for 18 years in 2nd fill barrel 25215 before bottling 17th august 2020 producing 276 bottles at 48.1% ABV as part of the Distillery Reserve Collection.
What I say
Launched as part of Chivas Brothers Distillery Reserve Collection 2020 this Caperdonich was distilled in 2002, the final year of production at Caperdonich, any other surviving casks are going to be this age or older now so apart from what is already bottled this may be the youngest Caperdonich I’ll taste for good…
This post was sponsored by Chivas Brothers by provision of a sample of this product. Thanks also to the Glenlivet Distillery & manifest PR for providing a sample.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Sauternes gold (8/20), medium-fine tears and legs.
- Nose: Sweet and dusty, musty old oak wood, hints of icing sugar, vanilla, toffee, apple, malty barley, honey, pears and pear drop sweeties, estery, a touch solventy/fixative, banana, pineapple, tropical, banana split and custard.
- Taste: Medium-bodied, sweet, banana, vanilla, pear, dessert-like, a touch sharper and more citric than the nose, nectarine, mandarin segments or tangerine, pineapple, papaya, vanilla custard, vanilla pods, a touch solventy/spirit nature, a faint hint of sulphur and some lemon oil.
- Finish: Long, sweet, polished, banana, tropical fruit, sherbet.
A superb expression that balances both spirit and wood influences, full of tropical fruit.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Categories: Single malt