- ABV: 45%
- Age: NAS
- Bottling: OB
- Category: Straight rye whiskey
- Cost: £29.95
- Origin: Undisclosed
- Vintage: Undeclared
What they say
Bulleit Rye is an award-winning, straight rye whiskey with a character of unparalleled spice and complexity. Released in 2011, it continues to enjoy recognition as one of the highest quality ryes available.
Official tasting notes:
Russet in color, with rich oaky aromas. The taste is exceptionally smooth, with hints of vanilla, honey, and spice. Finish is crisp and clean, with long, lingering flavors.
90 proof (45% ABV) • 95% rye, 5% malted barley
What I say
It has been some time since I last sampled Bulleit and then it was the previous Bourbon expression bottled at 40%. These days they bottle at 45% both their Bourbon and this 95% rye mashbill Straight Rye Whiskey.
Sampled as part of the Master of Malt American and Bourbon Whiskey Advent Calendar 2020.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Full amber gold (10/20), medium tears and legs.
- Nose: Sweet, spiced, almost cola-like, fermented ginger, cinnamon, cherry, leather, tobacco leaf and vanilla.
- Taste: Medium-bodied, touch of oils then rye spices, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, bitter orange zest, some cherry lips sweeties, nectarine and woody oak.
- Finish: Spiced allspice, cinnamon and more cherry lips sweeties/cherry cola.
A spiced and sweet Rye whiskey with plenty of nice fruity flavours going on, I kept finding cola, cherry cola and cherry lips sweeties in this one.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review