1792 Small Batch Bourbon (46.9%, OB, 2020)
- ABV: 46.9%
- Age: NAS
- Bottling: OB
- Category: Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey
- Cost: £35.90
- Origin: Barton 1792 Distillery
- Vintage: Undeclared
What they say
1792 Small Batch Bourbon is sophisticated and complex. A distinctly different bourbon created with precise craftsmanship. Made from our signature “high rye” recipe and the marriage of select barrels carefully chosen by our Master Distiller. 1792 Bourbon has an expressive and elegant flavor profile. Unmistakable spice mingles with sweet caramel and vanilla to create a bourbon that is incomparably brash and bold, yet smooth and balanced. Elevating whiskey to exceptional new heights, 1792 Bourbon is celebrated by connoisseurs worldwide.
What I say
My first sample from Barton’s 1792 distillery is their entry-level small batch Bourbon expression. Sampled as part of the Master of Malt American and Bourbon Whiskey Advent Calendar 2020.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Dark orange gold (12/20), loose, medium tears and medium-fine legs.
- Nose: Buttery and sweet, polished wood, buttered popcorn, vanilla, rich caramel, waxed apples, orange peel, cinnamon spice and soft white chocolate.
- Taste: Medium-bodied, silky, woody, zesty orange peel, bitter orange oil, nut brittle, touch of mint and clove, slightly peppery but maintains a honey sweetness.
- Finish: Medium-long, spiced honey, mouth-watering with caramel.
Some depth and well-balanced, reveals a little more complexity and not as sweet as some Bourbons.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
A favourite bourbon of mine!
Think the high rye mashbill helps out with the complexity.
Always worth hunting down.
LikeLiked by 2 people