Jack Daniels Single Barrel
- ABV: 45%
- Age: NAS
- Bottling: OB
- Category: Tennessee Whiskey
- Cost: £43.95
- Origin: Jack Daniels distillery
- Vintage: Undeclared
What they say
We hold ourselves to the highest standard when crafting and selecting Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel. In fact, just one out of every 100 barrels is set aside to mature in the highest reaches of our barrelhouses, where dramatic temperature changes cause the color and taste to deepen further. Each barrel is hand-selected for its one-of-a-kind flavor, robust taste, and notes of toasted oak, vanilla, and caramel. It’s not easy making a whiskey like Single Barrel. But easy never interested us in the first place.
What I say
A revisit to Jack Daniels Single Barrel Select edition. Sampled as part of the Master of Malt American and Bourbon Whiskey Advent Calendar 2020.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Dark amber gold (10/20), slow, medium-fine tears and fine legs.
- Nose: Dark caramel, treacle, toasted oak/cask char, some estery corn and banana, toffee, light coffee and chocolate.
- Taste: Medium-bodied, sweet, vanilla, estery polished oak wood, touch of dry baking spices, cinnamon sticks, nutty candied almonds, cigar boxes and faint tobacco leaf.
- Finish: Medium-dry sweet and spiced.
Another select barrel of great quality from Jack Daniels, great balance of sweet and spice, definitely one to savour on its own.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review