Michter’s US*1 Bourbon
- ABV: 45.7%
- Age: NAS
- Bottling: OB
- Category: Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- Cost: £49.94
- Origin: Michter’s distillery
- Vintage: Undeclared
What they say
The US*1 Bourbon from Michter’s in Louisville, Kentucky, is made in small batches, typically comprised of no more than two dozen barrels. Top quality stuff, brimming with caramel, vanilla and fruit notes, alongside a pleasing earthy quality at its core.
What I say
My first sampling (I think?) of Michter’s whiskey, with their small batch Bourbon expression.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Autumnal golden brown (14/20), medium tears and medium legs.
- Nose: Woody, brown sugars, wood polish, bran, oaty, baked apple, toffee, oak wood, vanilla and raisin.
- Taste: Polished highland toffee, wood polish, earthy, oak wood with a touch of cask char, apples, white peach and white pepper.
- Finish: Short, sweet, oak wood, honey and apple.
Some interesting peach flavour but not a lot going on here that excites me.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review