- ABV: 43%
- Age: NAS
- Bottling: OB
- Category: Indian single malt whisky
- Cost: £44.95 from The Whisky Exchange
- Origin: Rampur distillery
- Vintage: Undeclared
What they say
The Genesis – Rampur Select Indian Single Malt Whisky Non-Chill Filtered.
Indulge in the rich Indian heritage and enduring traditions of the Maharajas. Aged in the foothills of Himalayas, this exquisite whisky is the Kohinoor of Single Malts.
Official tasting notes:
Nose: Rich fruity top note, toffee in the background, floral, honey, dried fruits and a hint of spice.
Palate: All round balanced taste with malty & creamy vanilla. Hint of fruits like apricot & apple with sweet & winey taste.
Finish: Rampur Single Malt shines in all its glory in beautiful golden amber, leaving your taste buds with a Rich and Long finish.
What I say
Sampled during the Rampur tasting celebrating Diwali. Hosted by Sanjeev Banga – President of International Business, Radico Khaitan, Kunal Madan – Assistant Vice President of International Business, Radico Khaitan and Anup Barik – Master Distiller, Rampur Distillery who led us through the Rampur range and story. The first expression is Rampur Select, released in 2015 and fully matured in first fill ex-Bourbon oak.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Dark amber gold (11/20), slow, medium tears, long, fine legs.
- Nose: Soft, sugary, fruity, apple, bramble, vanilla, quiet initially, hint of dry and woody spices, floral rose, lychee, banana and honey.
- Taste: Smooth, medium-light bodied, fruity apple, lychee, creamy smooth or polished toffee, caramel, banana, gentle spices, cinnamon, dry citrus zest, tangerine and orange, vanilla.
- Finish: Long, malty, drying cinnamon and nutmeg spice and sweet banana and lychee.
Initially quiet this expression is full of soft and sweet tropical fruits, honey and vanilla representing Rampur’s core flavour profile.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review